This page has been archived on the Web.
Management Accountability Framework 2008–2009
Management Response to the Round VI MAF Assessment 2008-2009
As part of a government-wide process, the Canada School of Public Service (Canada School) was assessed during Round VI of the Management Accountability Framework (MAF). The MAF sets out Treasury Board's expectations and is structured around key elements that collectively define "management" and establish the expectations for good public service management of a department or agency.
This document presents the following information related to the Canada School's MAF assessment for Round VI (2008-2009):
- A summary of the Canada School's MAF results for Round VI
- The Canada School's Strategy for MAF Round VII
- Current Status for MAF Round VII
Summary of the Canada School's MAF results for Round VI
The 2008 Round VI MAF assessment indicated that the Canada School had made progress in a number of key areas, including:
- Effectiveness of the Corporate Management Structure
- Contributions to Government-Wide Priorities and Portfolio Coordination
- Quality of Analysis in Treasury Board Submissions
- Quality of Performance Reporting
- Effective Project Management
- Effectiveness of Financial Management and Control
- Effectiveness of Internal Audit Function
- Citizen-focused Service
In addition, the Canada School made significant improvements in one area identified in the 2007 Round V MAF assessment as requiring management attention:
- Utility of the Corporate Performance Framework
The Canada School's Round VI assessment also identified one area as an opportunity for improvement:
- Effectiveness of Information Management
The Canada School's strategy for Round VII
The Canada School will continue to strengthen its internal MAF processes by addressing lessons learned and identifying opportunities for innovation. It will also continue to implement the three-part strategy developed for Round VI, which includes:
- Setting targets for performance;
- Building MAF compliance into management processes;
- Engaging the Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS) on an ongoing basis.
Current Status for MAF Round VII
An action plan has been developed for Round VII and senior management continues to be apprised of its status and associated work on an ongoing basis.