John Medcof is Lead Faculty at the Canada School of Public Service. In this role he facilitates executive leadership programs and provides strategic advice and direction on executive learning and faculty recruitment. Prior to this role, John was Director General of Transferable Skills at the School.
In addition to his experience in learning design and delivery, John has extensive experience developing policies and programs, and working in a central agency.
Before joining the School, John was the Executive Director of Strategic Policy at the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat. He joined the Government of Canada in 2004 after a successful career in business in the private sector.
John is passionate about promoting human-centered leadership at all levels, as well as diversity, equity and inclusion in the public service. He works from Ottawa but is an advocate for distributed teams and regional perspectives.
- Director General, Transferable Skills, Canada School of Public Service
- Executive Director, Strategic Policy, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Departmental Liaison, Office of the President of the Treasury Board
- Bachelor of Arts (History), Carleton University
- Master of Arts (French-Linguistics), Carleton University and Université de Savoie
- Insights Discovery Client Practitioner